Type: Full-Time (W2) On-Site, Arlington, VA
DeepSig Inc. is a venture backed and product centric technology startup building revolutionary wireless processing software solutions using cutting edge machine learning techniques to transform baseband processing, wireless sensing, and other key wireless applications.
We are seeking a full-time engineer who is knowledgeable with the full 5G stack who can help us build out our vRAN infrastructure, debug hardware/software issues, and create, automate, and run test & measurement campaigns. An ideal candidate has both strong software skills (C++, Python, Git, Docker, Linux) and is knowledgeable of 3GPP specifications. Ideally the candidate has strong recent software and test experience in 5G NR stacks and Open-RAN or vRAN software.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Leading up the configurations and deployment of wireless testbed systems such as 5G Open-RAN systems in collaboration with supporting organizations and engineering exports in the area both in our lab and in supporting partner labs.
- Working closely within vRAN software to run development, test, and debugging throughout the 3GPP stack to triage performance, capabilities, and debugging of software and hardware issues.
- Working with our engineering and research teams to help formalize, execute, document and present test and measurement campaigns for wireless systems enhanced by machine learning algorithmic approaches.
- Strong knowledge of Ubuntu/Debian Linux, version control (Git), firewalls and networking, containerization services, automation and scripting languages and tools.
- Experience with C++ signal processing software (ideally implementations of 5GNR PHY) and scripting in Python.
- Understanding of 3GPP 5G NR (SA and NSA) stacks including PHY/MAC/RLC/PDCP/RRC/NAS and core (EPC) network
- Recent hands-on experience with the following lab equipment: Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, Software Radios, test UEs, some experience with RF systems.
- Understanding of working with common protocols, Ethernet, IP, UDP, TCP, SCTP and various internet protocols and tools such as tcpdump and Wireshark.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States, some programs require that work authorization is via US citizenship to meet certain information processing and contract requirements
- Position is full-time on-site in Arlington, VA but may require occasional light travel.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an e-mail to email@example.com with your résumé / CV. Cover letters are encouraged, but not required. You may also use this e-mail address for questions about the position.