Type: Full-Time (W2) On-Site, Arlington, VA
DeepSig Inc. is a venture backed and product centric technology startup building revolutionary wireless processing software solutions using cutting edge machine learning techniques to transform baseband processing, wireless sensing, and other key wireless applications.
We are seeking a full-time, machine learning engineer who will help lead applied research and development and full life cycle test and algorithm optimization into new and improved machine learning algorithms for radio digital signal processing which we are testing and using in deployed commercial products rapidly. We seek voracious machine learning learners, who are reading and understanding recent results in machine learning and communications and signal processing across disciplines at top venues such as NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, ICCV, IEEE ComSoc venues, but who is focused on application, and building real systems with the explosion of machine learning technologies we have available to us today. We seek excited individuals who are talented in one or more of these areas, and are comfortable implementing, testing, optimizing, and deploying such methods in python and c++ machine learning libraries and working with tools for model validation, scoring, hyperparameter optimization, augmentation, transformers, and other tools within new application domains, principally wireless signal processing applications.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Software and machine learning applied research, development, validation, optimization and test in a mix of C++ and Python – leveraging libraries such as PyTorch and TensorFlow alongside signal processing libraries such as GNU Radio, Commpy, Numpy, Cupy, Cuda, and similar.
- Working with a small & fast-moving team which is working to digest machine learning research and development breakthroughs from industry and academia, and rapidly understand and apply breakthrough ideas cross-domain to impact the state of the art in the wireless signal processing world.
- Working with product managers, business development, and engineering teams to help shape future products based on the art of what is possible, and build out prototypes, and work with engineering teams to help mature and ship commercial software products for key signal processing tasks in RF sensing, modem communications, and cellular 5G RAN systems.
- Working with many large real-world RF datasets and ML driven RF systems which are unique and unrivaled anywhere else in the world.
- Supporting product development and algorithm test as we transition models to the real world and we need to constantly validate and improve system and model performance.
What we need to see:
- A strong knowledge in the machine learning, artificial intelligence, deep learning, software development, and state of the art DL methodology and best practice.
- A strong interest for applied machine learning focus, and some exposure to signal processing and understanding how many of the concepts apply to this domain
- Experience working with libraries such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Numpy, Jupyter, etc
- Strong experienced and interest in digital signal processing, modem design, and/or machine learning and drive to work in the area fusing these into new capabilities!
- Strong communications and teaming skills to work collaboratively and productively in a small company environment where we often wear multiple hats.
- Ideally some creative publications applying ML to new applications or statistical time series work.
- Ideally M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering, minimum B.S. or equivalent experience in these fields.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States, some programs require that work authorization is via US citizenship to meet certain information processing and contract requirements.
WORKING AT DEEPSIG
DeepSig is growing its technical team while cultivating a collaborative, agile, and fun small-team culture. We value creativity, knowledge sharing, and employee growth, and we encourage participation in scientific publications, conferences, and open-source software. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an employee stock option grant program, an environment where we are excited to be transforming and disrupting how signal processing is done with AI/ML, a welcoming and inclusive environment, a flexible schedule, and a great work / life balance.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your résumé / CV. Cover letters are encouraged, but not required. You may also use this e-mail address for questions about the position.