Type: Full-Time (W2) On-Site, Arlington, VA
Are you passionate about machine learning operations (MLOps) and building cutting-edge data and ML test solutions for wireless space? Do you have a combination of strong computer science and hardware skills and a passion for adopting new, emerging, and high-quality development, test, and automation tools for best practice in a rapidly changing world? Do you enjoy working with a dynamic and collaborative team of engineers and ML experts? Do you want to make an impact by automating and accelerating the development, release, and deployment of our core software products?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you might be the perfect fit for our Software Engineer – Quality Assurance Lead role!
We are seeking a full-time Software Engineer to join our team in Arlington, Virginia who will help define, automate, and execute test plans for our software products and MLOps. Since our products make use of additional RF hardware, e.g., USRP radios, this person will need to develop test automation with hardware in the loop. This type of work requires extensive experience with test automation tools, interfacing with hardware used in testing, Linux operating system, containerization (Dockers), Git repositories, CI/CD test pipelines, scripting languages, and open-source build tools.
This is not just another job. This is a true career opportunity in a rapidly growing organization!
Some of What You'll be Doing:
- Lead the design, implementation, and improvement of our MLOps functions, including build automation and test, release QA and automation, continuous execution and monitoring of ML and data pipeline tasks.
- Collaborate closely with our engineering and ML teams to understand their needs and develop test and automation processes that streamline their workflows.
- Work with state-of-the-art data and ML automation tools and pipelines, enabling us to train, test, and deploy models on a variety of datasets and tasks in the wireless domain.
- Lead the testing of our software products from the prototype phase to a shippable software product that meets our quality standards.
- Manage the various components used in product testing, e.g., Docker images, CI/CD + testing pipelines, Git repositories, RF hardware.
- Automate QA testing of software releases and use appropriate tools to document and track test progress.
- Perform release testing of frontend and backend components.
- Develop and help enforce proper execution of test plans.
- Use version control in implementation of automation scripts.
- Use Jira, Confluence, and similar tools to interact with the development teams and document test policies and procedures.
- Create scalable software test architecture that can be reused when testing separate but similar software products that may share various parts of the test infrastructure.
What we need to see:
- Minimum 3 years of testing software products that make use of RF components, e.g., radios, antenna arrays, sensors, signal generators, etc.
- A fundamental understanding of the software development lifecycle and testing best practices.
- Comfort with automated testing and deployment of production level software, e.g., GitLab, Jenkins, scripting languages, Jira, Git projects.
- Ability to work in various Linux environments: local, remote, container, virtual machine.
- Strong familiarity with scripting languages used in test automation.
- Experience with large codebases and complex build environments.
- Strong communication and teaming skills to work collaboratively and productively in a small company environment.
- Familiarity with C++ and Python build tools such as CMake, PyBindings, and Nuitka is a plus.
- Familiarity with test suites like Google Test (GTest) is a plus.
- Familiarity with self-hosted, on-site repositories such as Nexus is a plus.
- Experience with developing and maintaining Docker images is a plus.
- Interest in machine learning, RF/5G/RAN hardware (and the intersection of these areas) is a plus.
- BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering (must have)
- MS in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering is a plus.
WORKING AT DEEPSIG
DeepSig is growing its technical team while cultivating a collaborative, agile, and fun small-team culture. We value creativity, knowledge sharing, and employee growth, and we encourage participation in scientific publications, conferences, and open-source software. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an employee stock option grant program, an environment where we are excited to be transforming and disrupting how signal processing is done with AI/ML, a welcoming and inclusive environment, a flexible schedule, and a great work / life balance.
DeepSig Inc. is a venture-backed and product-centric technology startup building revolutionary ireless processing software solutions using cutting-edge machine learning techniques to transform baseband processing, wireless sensing, and other key wireless applications.
*Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States by US citizenship to meet certain information processing and contract requirements.