Type: Full-Time (W2) On-Site, Arlington, VA
We are seeking a full-time Quality Assurance test engineer who will help define, automate, and execute test plans for our software products. Since our products make use of additional RF hardware, e.g., USRP radios, this person will need to develop test automation with hardware in the loop. This type of work requires extensive experience with test automation tools, interfacing with hardware used in testing, Linux operating system, containerization (Dockers), Git repositories, CI/CD test pipelines, scripting languages, and open-source build tools.
What You'll be Doing:
- Engage with our development teams on testing our software products from the prototype phase to a shippable software product.
- Manage the various components used in testing, e.g., Docker images, CI/CD + testing pipelines, Git repositories, RF hardware.
- Automate QA testing of software releases and use appropriate tools to document and track test progress.
- Perform release testing of frontend and backend components.
- Develop and help enforce proper execution of test plans.
- Use version control in implementation of automation scripts.
- Use Jira, Confluence, and similar tools to interact with the development teams and document test policies and procedures.
- Create scalable software test architecture that can be reused when testing separate but similar software products that may share various parts of the test infrastructure.
- Minimum 3 years of testing software products that make use of RF components, e.g., radios, antenna arrays.
- A fundamental understanding of the software development lifecycle and testing best practices.
- Comfort with automated testing and deployment of production level software, e.g., GitLab, Jenkins, scripting languages, Jira, Git projects.
- Ability to work in various Linux environments: local, remote, container, virtual machine.
- Strong familiarity with scripting languages used in test automation.
- Experience with large codebases and complex build environments.
- Strong communication and teaming skills to work collaboratively and productively in a small company environment.
- Familiarity with C++ and Python build tools such as Cmake, Pybindings and Nuitka is a plus.
- Familiarity with test suites like Google Test (GTest) is a plus.
- Familiarity with self-hosted, on-site repositories such as Nexus is a plus.
- BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering
- MS in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering is a plus.
WORKING AT DEEPSIG
DeepSig is growing its technical team while cultivating a collaborative, agile, and fun small-team culture. We value creativity, knowledge sharing, and employee growth, and we encourage participation in scientific publications, conferences, and open-source software. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an employee stock option grant program, an environment where we are excited to be transforming and disrupting how signal processing is done with AI/ML, a welcoming and inclusive environment, a flexible schedule, and a great work / life balance.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to email@example.com with your résumé / CV. Cover letters are encouraged, but not required. You may also use this email address for questions about the position.