Type: Full-Time (W2) On-Site, Arlington, VA
DeepSig Inc. is a venture backed and product centric technology startup building revolutionary wireless processing software solutions using cutting edge machine learning techniques to transform baseband processing, wireless sensing, and other key wireless applications.
We are seeking a full-time, radio measurement and lab management engineer who can help us as we continue to expand our Open-RAN 5G cellular lab testbed, help run and operate our wireless test systems, and help run wireless measurement campaigns to operate wireless test equipment, measurement, annotation and documentation. We are seeking a motivated rapid learner who has experience working with Linux systems, some amount of python scripting and automation, and who would be comfortable learning and operating complex cellular and software radio systems in a fast paced environment, interfacing directly with our engineering, research, and customer facing teams in order to help streamline wireless system test, trial, validation and measurement campaigns, and ultimately helping lead and scale these efforts.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Working with our engineering and research teams to help formalize, execute, document and present measurement campaigns for wireless systems enhanced by machine learning algorithmic approaches.
- Leading up the configurations and deployment of wireless testbed systems such as 5G Open-RAN systems in collaboration with supporting organizations and engineering exports in the area.
- Working with engineering teams to help configure and run wireless systems for a range of various test configurations and deployments to help generate datasets and results for state-of-the-art applied research and product development.
- Working with wireless software systems, novel software capacities, and customers to help develop automated test, monitoring, and measurement scripts and tools.
- Working to develop next generation wireless test beds, test tools and infrastructure and working closely with engineering, business development, marketing and other internal groups in order to help advance AI/ML based wireless product development efforts.
What we need to see:
- A strong knowledge and skillset of modern Ubuntu/Debian Linux, version control systems, firewall management, containerization services, automation and scripting languages and tools.
- Some familiarity with wireless systems and 3GPP cellular stacks and systems for 4G or 5G wireless systems or similar networking or wireless environments.
- A strong interest in working in the wireless test and measurement space and helping operate and deploy critical wireless systems.
- Ability to understand high level wireless requirements and software development process and to help understand testing and measurement requirements within our wireless testbed systems, and to help design test configurations, wireless test plans and measurement campaigns, and to help execute and document these with the team.
- Comfort with leading up required planning, system design, procurement, order, installation, configuration, and test of systems along with engineering team.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States, some programs require that work authorization is via US citizenship to meet certain information processing and contract requirements.
WORKING AT DEEPSIG
DeepSig is growing its technical team while cultivating a collaborative, agile, and fun small-team culture. We value creativity, knowledge sharing, and employee growth, and we encourage participation in scientific publications, conferences, and open-source software. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an employee stock option grant program, an environment where we are excited to be transforming and disrupting how signal processing is done with AI/ML, a welcoming and inclusive environment, a flexible schedule, and a great work / life balance.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your résumé / CV. Cover letters are encouraged, but not required. You may also use this e-mail address for questions about the position.