Type: Full-Time (W2) On-Site (Remote Possible), Arlington, VA
DeepSig Inc. is a venture backed, technology company pioneering the use of AI in 5G and other wireless systems by replacing traditional signal processing with machine learning. DeepSig software products are achieving significant performance increases while reducing power consumption bringing significant value to our customers.
We are seeking a full time Senior Software Engineer who will be an integral part of our growing team - contributing expertise in Signal Processing, Software Radio, Machine Learning, and 3GPP wireless systems to design, develop, and integrate groundbreaking 5G/6G capabilities for a variety of customer hardware platforms. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible and dynamic environment while leveraging our ML team to integrate intelligence and adaptability into our 5G offerings.
Some of What You’ll be Doing:
- Design, develop, and optimize software-based solutions for 5G applications.
- Work with and integrate our software within vRAN physical layer such as FlexRAN, OAI, or Aerial
- Ensure deployed software meets 3GPP technical specifications
- Work with DeepSig RAN engineers to deploy and validate DeepSig’s 5G capabilities
- Understand evolving customer problems, identify opportunities to integrate our software solutions, and ensure they meet customer requirements.
- Engage with customers in support of integration and field tests
- Continuously explore and incorporate new technologies and methodologies to improve product performance and competitiveness.
What We Need to See:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- An interest in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and leveraging AI for RF applications.
- 5+ years of professional experience with Digital Signal Processing, particularly as it relates to Software Defined Radio and/or Machine Learning
- Proficiency with modern software development practices, collaborative software development, and a track record of developing robust and efficient software solutions.
- 5+ years experience with C++
- Experience with C, Python, MATLAB/Octave, Jupyter Notebooks, CMake, Linux, and Docker
- Proven ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced, and dynamic startup environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Strong organization and communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with team members, partners, and customers.
What We Would Like to See (One or More):
- Experience working with and optimizing applications accelerated through Intel AVX intrinsics
- Experience working with LTE or 5G PHY Layer
- Experience testing with 3GPP and/or ITU standards
- FPGA application design and board integration experience
- Experience working with existing physical layer software stacks such as OAI, Intel FlexRAN, or Aerial SDK
- Experience working within the O-RAN infrastructure in general, and the non- or near-real-time RIC in particular
- Experience with Torch, TensorFlow, and CUDA
WORKING AT DEEPSIG
DeepSig is growing its technical team while cultivating a collaborative, agile, and fun small-team culture. We value creativity, knowledge sharing, and employee growth, and we encourage participation in scientific publications, conferences, and open-source software. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an employee stock option grant program, an environment where we are excited to be transforming and disrupting how signal processing is done with AI/ML, a welcoming and inclusive environment, a flexible schedule, and a great work / life balance.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an e-mail to email@example.com with your résumé / CV. Cover letters are encouraged, but not required. You may also use this e-mail address for questions about the position.